Sunday, October 30, 2016

Surprises at Ghouls and Gourds!

One of my favorite places to visit is the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens.  It was such a lovely day on Saturday, that I thought I would go enjoy the Ghouls and Gourds festivities!

Imagine my surprise when I saw an insectorium and petting zoo!  I had to check it out!






The hornworms are such a gorgeous green!

They have a fake tail at the back to scare off predators and are so soft!

Wasps, bees and hornets!

Different moths that live in Connecticut and New York too I would think.
Then I saw the Madagascar hissing cockroaches.  We have some in the science classroom, but I have never taken them out of their habitat!  I thought now was the time...I had to do it!  Deep breath....

I held the hissing cockroach!

They eat the same foods we do!


No comments:

Post a Comment