Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Summer Vacation 2019

It's hard to believe that summer is just about over!  I had a wonderful time walking in the woods, swimming in the ocean, reading and visiting my friends in London. 

While in London, I was thrilled to see Olafur Eliasson's exhibition at the Tate Modern.  He is one of the creators of the Little Sun solar lamp!

"Beauty", fine mist in a dark room with a spotlight.

"Moss Wall", reindeer moss, a lichen native to
northern latitudes.


"In Real Life", illuminated from inside projecting shadows and
light outside.

"Your Uncertain Shadow", colored spot lights
projected on a wall. When people walk past the
lights, their shadow appears on the wall.

The components to make a Little Sun solar lamp.

I also got to spend the morning at the Natural History Museum.  What an impressive building.

Blue whale skeleton in Hintze Hall.

Giraffe and giraffe skeleton.


The stunning "Museum of the Moon" by Luke Jerram.

Charles Darwin.

Gems and minerals.

Specimens from Darwin's travels.



Darwin's Origin of the Species.
 Lastly, some photos of the critters and objects I saw this summer!







 



 I hope you all had a fantastic summer!  I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment