Wednesday, May 17, 2017

So Many Chicks!!!

Day two of the chicks hatching!  When I left school yesterday 13 chicks had hatched!  That is a wonderful success rate!   When I arrived at school this morning....I saw 18 chicks running around in the incubator!  It sure was crowded in there!

Over the course of the day, once the chicks feathers had dried, I moved them into our brooder!

The temperature inside the brooder is 90 degrees F.

They love to huddle next to each other when they get ready to sleep.



Food, water, heat!

They are SO soft!
Since the chicks don't have a mama hen to show them what to do, I chose a few chicks and showed them how to eat the poultry grain and drink the water.  I did this by putting the chicks head right at the food and water.  It took a few tries, but it worked!  Once one chick eats and drinks, the others follow!
They are very curious when I take pictures of them.





They peck at the dots!

Food!
I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings with the chicks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment