Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Chicks Have Arrived!

The chicks decided to hatch a day early!  When I arrived at school on Monday one egg had a pip (a hole where the chick first pecks at the shell). It wiggled around throughout the day, but the pip didn't grow much bigger.

However, when I arrived at school today....quite a different story! I could hear peeping even before I opened the door! And what should be waiting for me? Four newly hatched chicks: two Freedom Ranger chicks (yellow) and two Barred Rock chicks (black).

Then I noticed about five other eggs with pips in them! What a busy day we had! Chicks were hatching all day long!

They will stay in the incubator for 24 hours and then they will move to the brooder. 

Another chick getting ready to hatch!

The yellow chick on the top just hatched!
I can't wait to see what they look like tomorrow and to see how many more chicks hatched!

No comments:

Post a Comment