Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Mealworms Have Arrived!

1st grade has been discovering the world of mealworms! They are observing what mealworms look like, what they like to eat, what they like to do and what is the best way to hold these fast moving insects!

 They move so fast!


It can hold onto my finger!


My mealworm is hiding under the paper!

The mealworm has legs in the front!


My mealworm is eating.

The mealworm has lines on it.

It tickles!


My mealworm likes the black paper the best.



I see the antenna! 


Most of the mealworms like the black paper best,
but some of them like the white paper. I wonder why?





Mine's playing dead.
We have started to record our observations in our Mealworm Journals.  We are drawing with details and describing thing we notice about the mealworm.



It's not slimy like worms.

It likes to crawl on me!





No comments:

Post a Comment